On Site Animal Friends
Our school has its very own petting zoo! When you do a tour, make sure to say hi to our goats, Buck and Billy and our pig, Georgia! We also have mini chickens a Sonoran desert tortoise!
Benefits of Introducing Kids to Animals
Staying true to the culture of our Gilbert community, we are providing a new program which introduces children to the benefits of taking care of our environment and being good stewards of the animals God has placed into our care.
A study by the University of Colorado recently outlines the lifelong benefits of agriculture, which include:
- Children who are more likely to eat fruit & veggies
- Enhanced overall student achievement
- Positive attitudes and anticipation of school
- Increased responsibility to care for the environment
- Positively impact mental health and well being
- Increased self understanding and the ability to work well in groups
Our Two Year Old Class